Wiki: Would You Believe? is an album by the Hollies, released in 1966. It features a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's "I Am a Rock," which displayed progression for the band at the time – the rising folk-rock nascent was on the horizon. However, Would You Believe also features a cover of Chuck Berry's "Sweet Little Sixteen" — by 1966, R&B and blues covers were becoming passé.
Another sign of growth for the band on Would You Believe includes the Evie Sands cover, "I Can't Let Go", a major hit for the band.
The band-written songs (under the pseudonym, "Ransford") are also considered to be among the more progressive tunes on the album: "Hard Hard Year", "Oriental Sadness", "Fifi the Flea" and "I've Got a Way of my Own". "Fifi", covered by the Everly Brothers (see the 1966 Two Yanks in England album), had lyrics outside of the band's norm; "Oriental Sadness" featured distinctly Asian-sounding chords; and "Hard Hard Year" and "I've Got a Way of My Own" (which had previously appeared on the B-Side of "If I Needed Someone") are both folky-sounding waltzes.
This was the Hollies' last album with original bass player Eric Haydock, who took a leave of absence from the group after the American tour that followed the last recording session for the album, missing the recording session for the follow-up single "Bus Stop", and then either quit or was fired shortly after returning.
side one 1. "I Take What I Want" (David Porter, Mabon "Teenie" Hodges, Isaac Hayes) Clarke 2:15
2. "Hard Hard Year" (Ransford) Clarke 2:13
3. "That's How Strong My Love Is" (Roosevelt Jamison) Clarke 2:42
4. "Sweet Little Sixteen" (Chuck Berry) Clarke 2:21
5. "Oriental Sadness" (Ransford) Clarke and Nash 2:37
6. "I Am a Rock" (Paul Simon) Clarke 2:48
Side two 7. "Take Your Time" (Buddy Holly, Norman Petty) Clarke 2:18
8. "Don't You Even Care" (Clint Ballard, Jr.) Clarke 2:27
9. "Fifi the Flea" (Ransford) Nash 2:05
10. "Stewball" (Bob Yellin, Ralph Rinzler, John Herald) Clarke Nash and Hicks 3:05
11. "I've Got a Way of My Own" (Ransford) Clarke and Nash 2:12
12. "I Can't Let Go" (Chip Taylor, Al Gorgoni) Clarke and Nash 2:26
Note: All songs written by the bandmembers Allan Clarke, Tony Hicks and Graham Nash were attributed to the pseudonym "Ransford"
Allan Clarke – vocals, harmonica
Bobby Elliott – drums
Eric Haydock – bass guitar
Tony Hicks – lead guitar, vocals
Graham Nash – rhythm guitar, vocals
Action: 10% discount coupon for Depositfiles Gold accounts for 6 months and 1 year periods. The coupon is very simple in usage: you enter it on the Gold account payment page and after the prices are recalculated can buy an account with the discount. Your coupon: vkanhlm5uqib3uugw6aqifkcudbnzqej
Oldish Psych & Prog offers progressive psychedelic rock music mp3 lossless downloads